Tuesday, May 16, 2006

When Love and Hate Collide...

"You could have a change of heart, if you would only change your mind,
Instead of slamming down the phone girl, for the hundredth time,
I got your number on my wall, but I ain't gonna make that call,
When divided we stand baby, united we fall,
Got the time got a chance gonna make it,
Got my hands on your heart gonna take it,
All I know I can't fight this flame,
You could have a change of heart, if you would only change your mind,
Cause I'm crazy 'bout you baby, time after time,
Without you,
One night alone Is like a year without you baby,
Do you have a heart of stone,
Without you,
Can't stop the hurt inside,
When love and hate collide"
When Love and Hate Collide - Def Leppard

Till today, this song to me was just another classic by a rock group that ruled the charts in the 80s and early 90s. Great lyrics, great music, great soul in the way it was sung. However, today i really understood what these lyrics meant. I understood, cause i felt them. Felt every word. Cause thats what was happening to me! I was associating my every action to the lyrics in the song.

Every failed relationship gives its share of harships to both the affected parites. But why is that one always gets more hurt than the other? Is it because this person has seen more into the relationship than there really is? Is he/she still hoping for a rebound relationship? That his/her partner might return to them? The answer to all these questions 9/10 times will be in the affirmitve. But why subject ourselves to this torture? I am doing it and iam asking myself the same question. Why? Its time to move on. Shes moved on effortlessly. I can do it too. Its simple right? Yup! Simple to say it. Difficult to do!

Fact of the matter is as long as you have feelings for your ex-partner, every contact with him/her is going to bring back memories,(good and bad), regrets, "if only" questions and subsequently emotional torture. So what is this a result of? Love? Hate? I really dont know the answer.

What i do know is that there is no place for love or hate after a relationship has ended. If there is place for anything, its memories. Good memories. Cherish the good times you had together and move on...Dont let love and hate collide...the resultant bang could wipe you out..

My feelings right now prompt me to lyricise another great song:

"I still got your face,
painted on my heart,
carved upon my soul,
etched upon my memory baby,
I got your kiss, still,
burning on my lips,
Touch of your fingertips,
You smell's so deep,
inside me baby"
Painted On My Heart - The Cult (OST - Gone in Sixty Seconds)

No comments: