Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Birthday Redhead!




Flashback 365 days: I was in the Sai Service showroom with drool all over my lips...looking at my gleaming flame red Pulsar 150 DTSi v2 getting teflon coated....itching to snatch those keys and be on my way...I was in LOOOVEEEE!..on the 14th of Feb... coincidence??..Destiny?...Maybe both....



Its been exactly one year since my redhead came into my life.... and MAN!..what a year its been...a year and 6831 Kms....of sheer bliss!...The effortless cruises through the city.....the blazing bursts through my neighbourhood bylanes.... the traffic light Gran Prixs...Simply Awesome!

Some great rides come to mind....Lets call em Highlights of the year!...

First and foremost...The first ride...From the Sai Service showroom to my house....getting used to that massive front disk brake...the better engine braking...those flat handlebars...the amazing riding position...it was a revealation in itself!

Another one i remember well is my ride from The Royal Connaught Boat Club to my house at 12:30 am....MAN!...what a ride..i reached home in 7 mins flat!!....Full throttle all the way....the cool night air whooshing against my face....the engine making sweet music at 7000 rpm.....the speedo howvering at arounfd 100 km/hr all the way.....ooohhh....simply terrific!

Then my ride to Amby Valley...200 kms in one day...first flat out on the Pune-Mumbai highway....touching 110 km/hr en route....then slaloming along the winding jungle roads upto Amby Valley...the 17" alloy wheels making easy work of the handling department..and the wide 100/90 section MRF Zappers making sure i kept hugging the road....it was an absolute orgasmic ride....I was beaming ear to ear by the time i got back home....
and countless more...........

Its been one whole year since i bought this incredible Valentines day gift for my myself....and my redhead has been with me always through this entire year..not a single breakdown...not a single niggle....single crank start even on cold mornings....no cranky electricals in the rains....no slippery moments...and i hope this wonderful association continues from year to year...

Happy Birthday Redhead!!!




1 comment:

Tin Tin said...

Hi.
Coming from Suhastaai's profile.

Nice bike.